Garage Bolted Trusses
Vicbeam design and construct
Vicbeam were contracted to design and construct a bolted truss roof comprising of two king post trusses, a truncated truss and a ridge beam with supporting rafters.
It was requested that the steel plates be rusted. Using corten steel and a special liquid formula, we sped up the rusting process over 5 days to achieve the desired look.
It is not often that Vicbeam do installations but this was an exception.
- Glulam: GL18S Vic Ash
- Truss Span: 7.2m
- Garage length: 8.0m
- Top & Bottom Chord: 200 x 80 GL18S
- Webs & Post: 200 x 80 GL18S
- Hip Beams: 200 x 80 GL18S
- Ridge Beam: 200 x 80 GL18S
- Rafters: 200 x 80 GL18S
- Coating: Cutek Extreme – Walnut Tint
- Installation time: 8 hours