King Post Trusses
- Glulam: GL18S Vic Ash
- Truss Span: 6.9m
- Room length: 13.520m
- Top & Bottom Chord: 300 x 85 GL18S
- Webs & Post: 120 x 85 GL18S
- Jack Rafter: 300 x 85 GL18S
- Hip Rafter: 300 x 85 GL18S
- King Post Truss weight: 330 kgs each
- Coating: Intergrain
- Installation time: 3.5 hours
Open truss roofs can make a small room feel more spacious and offers greater flexibility to install various forms of lighting.
The King Post truss using either solid or laminated timber is a cost-effective truss which provides a sharp focal point to any room. They can also be made with curved webs and chords.
Structurally the bottom chord acts as a tie beam for the room, restraining the outward thrust where the roof meets the ceiling and walls. The truss keeps the walls from spreading due to roof loads.