St. Josephs Church - Collingwood
A church and five Warren Trusses
- Truss length: 17.240 Metres
- Truss Height: 2.315 Metres
- Truss weight: 2.5 Tonnes
- Trusses: 260 x 85 Vic Ash (doubled chords, webs with internal plates)
- Steel: 12mm plate powder coated matt black
- Coating: Dulux Intergrain Ultraclear
- Project duration: 6 months from initial enquiry to the installation of trusses.
Collingwood’s St Joseph Church was gutted by fire in 2007 but fortunately the Church was fully insured for heritage replacement of up to 3 million dollars.
The Church was built around 1861 and have seen a number of renovations and additions over the years. Most recently, CCB Envico approached Vicbeam to consider a design and construct a proposal to fabricate five large span Warren Trusses to support a new steel roof. The result was a beautiful and edgy take on a newly renovated Church.