Timber Curtain Walls
Vicbeam manufacture and fabricate glulam mullions and transoms for use in timber curtain wall systems. Using the latest European parts and technology provided by Laros Technologies, the thermally broken timber curtain wall system represents a revolution in Australian architectural glazing.
Being a modular design, timber curtain walls provide unlimited opportunities for glazing to be united with aluminium, steel and timber. Aesthetically speaking the connection details where mullion meets transom is invisible, offering a seamless unity with timber, glass and aluminium. This exciting engineering feat has created a welcome diversification to Vicbeam’s interest in sustainable and recyclable timber, giving a natural edge to every application.
Here are some of the key features of timber curtain walls systems:
- Timber curtain walls are a great alternative to standard aluminium.
- Engineered structural wood mullions can be used internally and externally for a durable low-maintenance option in place of commonly used aluminium.
- Typically used in high-end bespoke residential, boutique retail and hospitality projects.
- Almost unlimited configurations with multiple glazing, mullion species and cap options.
- Various installation options allow for curtain walls to span multiple stories and incorporate into any building system.
- A turn-key, tested solution: all systems can be sold with third-party engineering and installation to ensure proper performance.
Vicbeam’s timber curtain wall systems are ideal in both commercial and residential applications, bringing stunning appeal and performance to any structure. Our timber curtain walls can be custom designed and fabricated to meet the requirements for your project.
For more information, please watch: