St. Josephs Church - Collingwood
5 x 17m Warren Truss
Collingwood’s St Joseph Church was gutted by fire in 2007 but fortunately the Church was fully insured for heritage replacement, up to 3 million dollars.
The Church was built in 1861, or thereabouts, and seen a number of renovations and additions over the years.
CCB Envico approached Vicbeam to consider a design and construct a proposal to fabricate five large span Warren Trusses to support a new steel roof.
The trusses were installed in February 2017
- Truss length: 17.240 Meters
- Truss Height: 2.315 Meters
- Truss weight: 2.5 Tonne
- Truss members: 260 x 85 Vic Ash (doubled chords, webs with internal plates)
- Steel: 12mm plate powder coated matt black
- Coating: Dulux Intergrain Ultraclear
- Project duration: 6 months from initial enquiry to the installation of trusses.